"This program allows anyone to step forward and take on the mantle of community leader for positive change."
Master's Degree - Online - Civic Leadership, Public Policy, Community Organizing, and more.
M.A. in Organizational Leadership
with a concentration in Civic Engagement
Passionate civic leaders mobilize to transform communities, neighborhoods, and regions. They never shy away from a challenge. Instead, they tackle complex problems with innovative and inclusive solutions. If you have the desire to lead in the public sector, this innovative, skills-based online master’s degree in Organizational Leadership, with a concentration in Civic Engagement, was designed with you in mind.
- Engagement: Evaluate the strengths and limitations of government, civic engagement, and public participation and the distinct roles of each in a representative democracy.
- Strategic Communication: Demonstrate the interpersonal and engagement skills necessary for effective leaders to achieve innovative and collaborative resolution to community and organization issues.
- Inclusion: Learn how to elevate previously unheard voices into the public dialogue for a more inclusive collaboration process.
- Servant Leadership: Explore different leadership styles and theories to better serve and lead your community.
- Action Research: At CLU, we believe education should lead to action. That's why throughout your master's degree you'll have the opportunity to work with faculty mentors to develop and implement a project that demonstrates your ability to be a leader in civic engagement.